You know, when COVID was spreading at an alarmingly quick speed in the UK earlier this year, it provided me with the biggest external incentive to keep going with my recently-started weight loss journey. Stats were coming out about the greater chance of hospital admissions, etc. when being overweight or obese and, yes, I was frightened. Being super morbidly obese with a BMI of 50, I knew that I could end up being seriously ill if I caught the virus. I know it can still affect anyone but, with numbers increasing again, I guess I’m taking some reassurance that I’m doing everything possible to be okay should I get it. And there are some other bonuses along the way! Smaller clothes sizes, having lots of spare space in the garden chairs that I used to struggle to fit into and ticking off all my mini goals along the way! For me, it’s not just about reaching destination Goal Weight but the journey too.
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I’ve lost 2lbs
- I’m under 17 stone
- My BMI is now under 36
- My belly and hips are now 48″ (after starting out at 58″ and 59″ respectively)
- My waist is now 38″ after starting out at 45″
What could Erika improve on?
- I can still do better on the fruit and veg front. I’m SO bad at this!
Erika’s next target(s):
- Walk/run the virtual London marathon on 4th October! Yes, I have an official place on this race
- 5 more lbs until I can have a helicopter lesson
- 7 more lbs until I’ve lost 100 lbs in total and my BMI is under 35 – I’m so excited about this!
Later this week, I’m going to blog about the fear of GPs and anything medical. Yes, I think this links to my weight and size and I really don’t ‘do’ doctors but more about that on Thursday or Friday.
And, before I go, I just want to say ‘thank you’ for reading my blog. Truly, if feels as if I’m not on this journey alone and I can’t tell you how much it means to be able to share all my weird and crazy thoughts aloud 🙂
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|72 lbs||78 lbs||236 lbs||35.9|