So, I’ve decided to treat myself to some shiny, sparkly, all-knowing bathroom scales…and, to be honest, my initial excitement has turned into a mix of curiosity and fear!
Why am I curious? These scales tell me more than just my weight. Up until now, I’ve been using the Weight Watchers Precision Glass Scales which have been fabulous. I could jump on and off several times yet see the same figure on there, giving me confidence about their accuracy. These were £15 here in the UK (just under $20 USD).
But I’m getting curious about other stats too because the weight-loss app I use automatically calculates my body fat based on my weight so I’ve upgraded to the Weight Watchers Ultimate Precision Body Analyser Scale. A bit of a fancy name, eh! As well as body fat, these scales show me my body water, bone percentage and show me my BMI too. These were £30 (just under $40 USD).
So, here’s where the fear comes in. I’m curious about what figures are going to pop up on the display but what if they tell me that I’m heavier than I’ve been recording? What if they tell me that I’ve much further to go on my weight loss journey? You know, the best thing is just to get on and really embrace the adage “Face the fear and do it anyway“. So, that’s what I’ll do when the scales come out of quarantine on Wednesday (as all our parcels automatically get put aside right now). I’ll let you know next Monday but I’ll jump on both scales to see if they’re coming up with the same figure. For now, here’s my weekly report card….
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I’ve lost 1lb. Weight loss has really slowed down recently so every lb feels like even more of a victory!
- I’ve signed up to do a 10K run at the end of the month
What could Erika improve on?
- I’ve been slacking on the exercise side this week so I’m going to make sure that I get off that sofa in the coming days
- I also need to take in more fluid….as in all fluid. So, time to grab the water bottle
Erika’s next target(s):
- celebrate holding the London Marathon medal that should be on its way soon!
- 1 more lb until I can have a helicopter lesson
- 3 more lbs until I’ve lost 100 lbs in total and my BMI is under 35
And finally, I thought I’d share with you what my app is currently showing. Can you see how close I am to 100 lbs? Soooo close! Come on, Erika. You can do this!! As I point out time-to-time, this shows the 21 lbs I lost prior to starting to blog which is why my overall aim is to lose 171 lbs and not ‘just’ the 150 lbs of my blog title. Wow. A rather big figure when I write it down!!
I’ll be back Thursday/Friday but hope you have a super week
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|76 lbs||74 lbs||232 lbs||35.3|