YES!! As shown in my ‘report card’ below, I’ve lost a lot more than one pound this week so I’m truly buzzing today! Perhaps it’s because I’d plateaued for about three weeks and the scales are now reacting again to me controlling my portions and exercising. I don’t know. There could be 101 reasons why but I’m hoping it won’t be too long until I’m out of the 220s.
Okay, let’s have a look at this week’s report card:
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I’ve lost 4 lbs
- I’ve ditched most of the clothes that are too big for me… more about that in a moment.
What could Erika improve on?
- I’ve always said that I’ll be honest with you and I do need to watch that being ‘eager’ about a new lifestyle doesn’t slip into being some form of eating disorder. A friend has shown concern about how quickly I’ve lost this weight over the past few months, especially when my heart was put at risk many years ago when I lost a lot of weight through anorexic behaviour (although the weight loss was quicker). Do I have an eating disorder? I don’t think so but I will be reflecting on that.
Erika’s next target(s):
- 1 lb until my BMI is in the 33s….so close!
- 4 lbs until I’m weighing less than 100 kg
- 25 lbs until I’m in Onederland (yes, I’ll be less than 200 lbs)
- 27 lbs until I’m no longer obese as I’ll be overweight
Before this weight loss, I was wearing approximately US size 18-20 / UK size 22-24 clothes although trousers would have been slightly bigger. And, you know, I’ve still been wearing some of these clothes… just very loosely! But I had a big sort out on Saturday night, dumped all my clothes on my bed including those I’d kept from my previous ‘slim days’ that I’ve wanted to get back into and tried on EVERYTHING! I’ve been buying a few bits over the past few months but hadn’t wanted to buy too much knowing that I’d likely be ‘passing by’ certain sizes. The result? I have a huge bag of clothes going to charity and I’m now wearing clothes to reflect my current size. Tops? I’m a US size 10 / UK size 14. Bottoms? I’m a US size 12-14 / UK size 16-18. (I don’t think I’ve ever shared my height with you but I’m 173 cm / 5 foot 8). And I’m thinking more about how I want to style myself. I could buy completely new clothes but I’m actually really loving searching on EBay where there’s a huge range ….some pre-loved clothes that reportedly have been worn just the once but also lots that are new and still have their tags so I’ve a few bits on their way 🙂
So, upcoming posts include:
- coping with and breaking plateaus
- what I’m eating (I’ve been taking photos!)
- choosing how the ‘new me’ will dress
- the fine line between very focused dieting and anorexic thinking
Please feel free to share your own weight loss successes, frustrations or whatever’s on your mind ❤
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|84 lbs||66 lbs||224 lbs||34.1|