Well, I discovered two things in this past week:
- At 111 / 74, my blood pressure is in the normal range. I’m so chuffed as it was really high the last time I had it taken a few years ago.
- My ‘waist hip ratio’ is in the lower cardiovascular risk category and very much links to me being a pear-shaped person. You can work out your WHR with a tape measure and a calculator or you can find an online calculator to work it out for you. With my waist at 36″ and my hips at 48″, it puts my ratio at 0.75. And this is a HUGE achievement because last summer (i.e. a few months after starting this journey), my ratio would have come into the high risk category.
|0.95 or lower||0.80 or lower||Low health risk|
|0.96 to 1.0||0.81 to 0.84||Moderate risk|
|1.0 or higher||0.85 or higher||High risk|
And, as for my weekly report card:
How’s Erika done this week?
- I’ve PUT ON 5 lbs. Now, I’m absolutely not panicking because I last weighed myself on Friday when I’d maintained at 213 and, unless I’ve consumed an additional 17,500 calories over the weekend on top of what I should have been eating, there’s no way that I’ve truly gained 5 lbs!! So, I’m remaining calm as I suspect this is temporary.
- I wore my jeans on Friday. It was SO brilliant to wear these (check out these photos to see me slowly getting into them over the months)
- I discovered that my thighs no longer rub when I walk. I’m not sure how long this has been the case but I was just aware the other day about my legs moving freely!
- I’m discovering bones! My collarbone is visible, my ribs and vertebrae are easy to feel, and my shoulders are getting bonier.
What could Erika improve on?
- I’m drinking enough although lots of diet soda rather than water but, well, let’s just say that I haven’t been going to the bathroom much. I’ve read that drinking lots of water can help deal with any water retention so I’ll give this a go. And I really should cut back on the diet soda…. I just like it SO much!
Erika’s next target(s):
- 19 lbs until I’m in Onederland (yes, I’ll be less than 200 lbs)
- 22 lbs until I’m no longer obese as I’ll be overweight
Okay guys, I’m going to get on with my day but I’ll be back later this week to share with you something I’ve made to help me on my journey.
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|90 lbs||60 lbs||218 lbs||33.1|