I got arty this week with an old noticeboard and a printer 🙂
For me, I need visual ways to celebrate how far I’ve come (to prevent myself from slipping back into old habits) and to focus on where I’m heading (to keep myself moving forward). Along with my scales, this is now in my living room so it’s rarely out of my sight. So, what have I got on my board?
How far I’ve come:
- I’m now light enough to go zip wiring
- I’m now light enough to have a helicopter lesson
- I’m now light enough to go on a Segway
- I’m small enough to no longer worry if I can fit in chairs with arms (I can’t tell you how much this one means to me!) Feel free to check out my recent post about this
Where I’m heading:
- 12: Although I want to get into the healthy weight range, one of my most significant goals is getting into the 12 stone range as I remember how great I felt at this weight about 9 years ago. So, that’s me getting under 182 lbs.
- 31. Medical experts say that waists should be no more than 31.5″ for women and 34″ for men. We’re at very high health risk if waists are more than 34″ for women and 36″ for men. My waist started out at 46″ but it’s currently just under 36 so reaching 31 will be a HUGE achievement!
- I’d love to go to Venice and not worry about being too heavy to go on a gondola
- The ‘my name is normal’ image? This is all about being in the ‘normal’ or ‘average’ weight range. Can I get my BMI lower than 25? You bet!
- And it’s the word ‘focus’ that keeps jumping out at me. Each time I see it, I also mutter it just under my breath so that both my vision and hearing are reinforcing what I need to do.
Can you tell me what 3 things you’d have on your board? Might also be inspirational quotes / pictures… I’d love to hear.
I’ll be back on Monday with my next weigh-in but hope you have a good weekend
Love Erika xx