I’m going to get straight into this week’s report card:
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I’ve lost 6 lbs. Now, this includes the 5lbs that I somehow put on last week (that didn’t appear to link to ‘the time of the month’). I was aiming to see if I could lose that 5lbs so that extra pound really is a fantastic bonus!
- I resisted buying cereal bars this week. I’ve discovered that whilst I’ve cut out food like cookies and chocolate with ease, seemingly healthy cereal bars have been my downfall. I mean, one would be perfectly fine but I don’t seem to be able to have one and leave the rest in tact in the box. So, knowing this, the best thing for now is to not have them in the house.
- I resisted the urge to buy laxatives. Okay, bit of a gross point here but I had a bit of a bad stomach the other night and rather than think ‘Erika, keep yourself hydrated‘, my first thought was ‘hey, weight loss‘. Oops! I briefly thought about when I had bulimia around 25 years ago that involved a very serious addiction to taking large quantities of laxatives everyday. For a moment, I considered starting to take them again but I reminded myself about the damage they can do and, thankfully, the thought of buying some has now passed. You can read about my battle with bulimia here
What could Erika improve on?
- Bulking up meals. I was reading last night about caloric dense foods (well worth a Google search) and how making good food choices can make it easier to stay full for longer. So, let’s compare a grape and raisin. They’re essentially the same food but eating a bunch of grapes is likely to keep you fuller for longer than the same number in raisins. And that’s because grapes have more water (which we love as water’s 100% calorie free) so 100g of grapes has significantly fewer calories than raisins. So, definitely go for food with more water content. How am I going to use this? I’m going to add more salad and veg to my meals. I found a list online of the least caloric dense foods and the top 15 are:
|Food||Density (calories / gram)|
Erika’s next target(s):
- 2 lbs until my BMI is in the 31s
- 3 lbs until I’m under 15 stone
- 13 lbs until I’m in Onederland (yes, I’ll be less than 200 lbs)
- 16 lbs until I’m no longer obese as I’ll be overweight
I’ll be back later this week to talk to you about saggy skin. I might even share photos… let me think about that one though!
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|96 lbs||54 lbs||212 lbs||32.2|