YES!! Moving down into the ‘overweight’ category really is just around the corner, something I could’ve only dreamt of a year ago. I’ve got several small goals coming up and therefore opportunities to celebrate. And celebrating is important! Whether we’re at the beginning of our weight loss journey or some way in, I feel it’s so important to acknowledge these moments and be kind to ourselves in what we say. Rather than think “I’ve lost only 1 lb“, say “That’s great. Another pound towards the next goal“. Rather than think “I’ll never get there. I’m resigned to be this weight forever”, say “It may take time but I have to start somewhere. Let’s set some short and long term goals“.
Okay, it’s time for this week’s report card:
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I lost 3 lbs.
- My BMI is now in the lower 31s.
- I’ve been working out lots. As well as the vibrating plate (more about that next week), I’ve been walking at least 5K each day…. from just around the house due to the snow here.
- I’ve been staying hydrated… something I can find hard to do.
- I reframed a difficult moment. The other day, I looked down at my thighs whilst standing and I was taken aback to see the amount of sagging skin. You know when a puppy is yet to grow into its skin and its skin is very wrinkly? Well, that’s how my upper thighs are looking. But after a moment feeling pretty sorry for myself, I gave myself a good talking to and reminded myself that it’s okay! This is the evidence of my hard work over the last year so be proud, girl!
What could Erika improve on?
- I’ve had some days when it’s been quite a struggle to eat enough and I guess some of those previous anorexic thoughts have crept in. Perhaps this should be listed above as I’ve done well to recognise these familiar thinking patterns but I think I’ll leave this here as a reminder to not let myself slip.
Erika’s next target(s):
- 2 lbs until my BMI is under 31
- 2 lbs until I will have lost 9 stone in all
- 5 lbs until my BMI is under 30.5
- 6 lbs until I’m in Onederland (yes, I’ll be less than 200 lbs)
- 9 lbs until I’ve lost 9.5 stone
- 9 lbs until my BMI is under 30 and I’ll be overweight
And here’s the dress I mentioned last week that’s way beyond what I’d normally wear. It’s not a maxi dress and it’ll mean showing my lower legs to others!
So, posts later on this week will look at whether to reintroduce some sweet food into my diet and another ‘top 10’ list of tips and tricks to stay on track with the eating because I’m still learning all the time! If I can pass on what I’m learning to help others, then that’s pretty cool. Until then, please feel free to share your own experiences including celebrations or frustrations and any questions you’d like to ask me!
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|103 lbs||47 lbs||205 lbs||31.2|