You know, I was hoping to come on today to tell you that I’ve finally reached Onederland but have the scales moved this week? No! In the past, I would’ve become frustrated but I have a choice about how to feel about this. I can either think “Well, I’ve failed then, haven’t I? What was the point of even trying this week? I’ll never get there” OR I can think “Well, that’s okay. Scale-related change doesn’t happen every week yet there can be changes in other areas such as my body slowly shrinking. And I know that when the scales have stagnated in the past, I then have a flurry of pounds coming off“. I remember when I was very close to no longer being in the morbidly obese range, that final stretch seemed to take forever and I was keen for it to happen far sooner but becoming frustrated isn’t going to speed up the process, is it?! So, I’m not going to do anything different this week as my approach to losing weight has worked really well for over a year and I’m going to look forward to celebrating this next milestone another day….
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I looked after myself this week. I dyed my hair the other night and felt so much better afterwards
- I took out the wheelie bin during daylight (that’s a big achievement for me!)
- I did 2 x 10km walks last week and the medals are on their way to me
- I kept myself hydrated
What could Erika improve on?
- Nothing this week 🙂
Erika’s next target(s):
- 2 lbs until my BMI is under 30.5 and I will have lost 75% of my excess weight
- 3 lbs until I’m in Onederland (yes, I’ll be less than 200 lbs)
- 6 lbs until I’ve lost 9.5 stone
- 6 lbs until my BMI is under 30 and I’ll be overweight… might even be 5 lbs and a few ounces
I’ll be to back on Wednesday to talk about possible career plans using my experience of losing weight. Until then, please feel free to share your own experiences including celebrations or frustrations and any questions you’d like to ask me!
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|106 lbs||44 lbs||202 lbs||30.7|