You know, I really don’t think I would’ve lost so much if I wasn’t blogging. I’d already lost 21 lbs so my ultimate goal was to lose a further 150 lbs …. and I’m not far off 🙂 Of course, I could have been writing in a private journal but I find thinking aloud here helps me to process my complex thoughts and feelings. Blogging gives me structure with my weekly weigh-ins on Mondays and commitment to a further 1 or 2 posts during the week. And, ultimately, I hope that my posts help at least one other person…. whether it’s learning to set and focus on the small goals or, much more recently, knowing you’re not alone if you find it hard to eat enough. So, if you’re contemplating whether blogging might help you with your journey, I’d definitely urge you to consider giving it a go!
What’s happened this week?
- I lost 1 lb
- I’ve now lost 85% of my excess weight
- I’ve been eating spinach… lots of it!
- After a few days of not going out for walks, I grabbed my AirPods last night, clicked on a playlist and set out on a 45 minute walk around my hilly village…. it was freezing (it’s actually been snowing here today!!) but I came back feeling so glad that I’d pushed myself.
What could Erika improve on?
- Increase my calories…. finding this hard. I managed to increase on Friday but found myself restricting more on Saturday….
Erika’s next target(s) along with the big ones!
- 1 lb until I’m halfway through the overweight category (with a BMI of 27.5)
- 1 lb until I’ve lost 10.5 stone in all
- 2 lbs until I’m under 13 stone
- 4 lbs until my weight’s in the 170s
- 18 lbs until my weight’s in the healthy range (that’s under 1.5 stone to go)
- 25 lbs until my ultimate goal so that I have a 7 lb buffer to stay in the healthy range!
I know I’ve got my battles right now with my mind and the eating but there’s part of me that really wants to mingle with friends this summer, especially as the lockdown measures loosen. And the invites have started to come through, from an English afternoon tea party in July (basically, very posh sandwiches, scones and cakes with lashings of tea) to friends asking about meeting up for lunches to a family get-together in August to celebrate lots of significant birthdays and anniversaries this year. And we have friends in the US, whom we chatted to last night for 2 hours over Zoom, who’d love us to go over there. Yes, we couldn’t go together due to our son’s complex needs but I’d still love to travel alone to the west coast to spend time with them. I know that life can be good and connecting with others has always played a huge part of my life…. so there is that part of me that wants this…. but the pull in the other direction feels stronger right now…
I’ll be back on Wednesday but, in the meantime, hope you have a good couple of days. As ever, please feel free to share your diet / weight-related successes, frustrations or anything else on your mind.
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|125 lbs||25 lbs||183 lbs||27.7|