Okay, before I tell you all about this, let’s take a look at this week’s report card:
What’s happened this week?
- I lost 3 lbs
- I’ve now lost more than 10.5 stone in all
- I’m now under 13 stone
- My BMI’s in the lower half of the overweight category
- I’ve bought more veg! Yes, on tomorrow’s menu are homemade aubergine (eggplant) crisps and I’ve bought spinach and red peppers to make omelettes.
What could Erika improve on?
- Increase my calories…. yes, still finding this hard and it’s now just 10 days until my ECG…
Erika’s next target(s) along with the big ones!
- 1 lb until my weight’s in the 170s
- 2 lbs until my BMI’s in the 26s
- 4 lbs until I’m the same weight as 10 years ago
- 5 lbs until I’ve lost 11 stone in all
- 5 lbs until I’ve lost 90% of my excess weight
- 10 lbs until I’m at my wedding weight from nearly 25 years ago
- 15 lbs until my weight’s in the healthy range (just more than 1 stone to go!)
- 22 lbs until my ultimate goal so that I have a 7 lb buffer to stay in the healthy range!
So, back to the traffic light system Many food producers in the UK display nutritional information on products using a traffic light system so that we can see at a glance whether it’s healthy or not. I have to say that this makes food choice reasonably easy because I make a point of staying away from anything colour-coded red. Here’re some examples:
So, okay, the Ryvita one isn’t colourful but I can instantly see if these flatbreads are okay to snack on and yes they are! These are unbelievably tasty and just 29 calories. And this jambalaya is something I could live on everyday! Virtually green across the board and just 319 calories. Do you have anything similar in your country to help people make healthy choices? Please do tell!
I’ll be back on Wednesday to talk about mouth hunger versus stomach hunger but, in the meantime, hope you have a good couple of days. As ever, please feel free to share your diet / weight-related successes, frustrations or anything else on your mind.
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since starting to blog:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|128 lbs||22 lbs||180 lbs||27.2|