More about the blog title in just a moment but let’s start with this week’s report card…
What’s happened this week?
- I lost 2 lbs
- My BMI is now in the 25s!
- I drank far more water than normal
What could Erika improve on?
- Increase my calories…. yes, still finding this hard…
Erika’s next target(s):
- 1 lb until I can go horse riding at a nearby stables (although I can ride elsewhere)
- 1 lb until I’m at my wedding weight from nearly 25 years ago
- 2 lbs until my weight’s in the 160s
- 6 lbs until my weight’s in the healthy range (that’s less than half a stone!). I do wonder how much my excess skin weighs though because it’s possible that this could account for the remaining 6 lbs but let’s not go there!
- 6 lbs until I’ve lost half of my original weight!
- 13 lbs until my ultimate goal so that I have a 7 lb buffer to stay in the healthy range
So, back to my blog title which isn’t about falling off the diet wagon and getting back on track! About 3 years ago, I had a really bad fall when I did a lot of tissue damage throughout my left leg and ended up on crutches for 6 weeks. In fact, I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t broken a bone as the pain was so immense and I couldn’t put weight on my leg for the first 3 weeks or so. But what was also really hard was that I fell over in a public place and I was immediately surrounded by lovely people keen to help me up. However, I knew that I couldn’t get up easily as I was 158 lbs heavier than I am now. Instead, I had to style it out and reassure them I was fine and I just needed to remain on the ground for a bit longer… and then somehow get myself off the ground when there weren’t so many people around.
Let’s fast forward to Saturday night just gone when I headed to a nearby park, around the lake, around the ornamental gardens for a long walk. I’d been sitting down all day working and I just wanted to stretch my legs. It’d been raining all day and I found myself in an area without a hard path and…. I fell over! I just started to slide in the mud and ended up falling in a rather graceful yet comical way right onto the ground! I didn’t hurt myself at all but what really struck me was that I just bounced back up! Just a push to the ground with my hand and I was soon back on my feet. THAT is a non-scale victory 🙂
And apologies before I go. Last Friday was a full-on day for me and I completely forgot to blog but I’ll be back on Wednesday. I’m going to talk about comments regarding weight loss which I started to touch on last week and then, on Friday, I’ll give you an update about where I am with the atypical anorexia. As ever, please feel free to share your diet / weight-related successes, frustrations or anything else on your mind.
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since starting to blog:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|137 lbs||13 lbs||171 lbs||25.9|