Well, I’ve TWO very exciting things to tell you this week. First, I’ve smashed several goals so let’s take a look at this week’s report card straightaway:
What’s happened this week?
- I lost 4 lbs
- My weight’s now in the 160s
- I’ve lost more than 11.5 stone in all
- I’m now in the 11 stone range
- My BMI is now in the lower 25s!
- I drank far more water than normal
- I can now go horse riding at a nearby stables
- I’m lighter than my wedding weight from 25 years ago
What could Erika improve on?
- Increase my calories…. yes, still finding this hard but more about that below
Erika’s next target(s):
- 2 lbs until my weight’s in the healthy range! Yes, 2 lbs to go!
- 3 lbs until I’ve lost over half of my original weight! Slightly revised from last week but nonetheless tantilisingly close.
- 9 lbs until my ultimate goal so that I have a 7 lb buffer to stay in the healthy range
— ❤ —
The other thing is that I now have two pieces of clothing with a ‘SMALL’ tag AND I can wear them! The other one is a belt as I ran out of holes in the medium size one.
I also wanted to think aloud here about recovering from an eating disorder. Things took a bit of a turn last week when my therapist (very much with my best interests at heart) took the decision to contact my GP surgery about me being at physical risk. I know this comes from a place of care and safety as he cited safeguarding but it’s hard not to find the whole thing very surreal with matters are being taken out of my hands. So, I guess there’ll be a phone call, etc. at some point about that. Independent of this, I may have found some private specialist support that could make a difference that would work around my current life and hopefully I’ll soon know more to share with you. If this private support is put in place, I don’t know whether professionals within the NHS would still need/want to be involved… I guess it could depend if they think I’m at risk. But this is where I’m sharing some initial, extraordinarily tentative thoughts with you. As you’ll know from my weekly weigh-ins over the past 15 months, I’m always focusing on the next targets in terms of losing X lbs or getting into the next 1/2 BMI range. I’m terrified at the prospect of relinquishing control and increasing the calories but perhaps I need to start adding weekly challenges to my report card such as adding a further 50 calories each day. I’ve really mixed feelings about this which no doubt sounds ludicrous when I do want to get back to socialising with friends over meals and I do want my next ECG on Friday to be healthy. I might explore the concept of being ready to recover (or perhaps just having to get on with it even if I’m not ready) later this week in my blog.
As ever, please feel free to share your diet / weight-related successes, frustrations or anything else on your mind.
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since starting to blog:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|141 lbs||9 lbs||167 lbs||25.2|