Another weekend has passed and another challenge has been ticked off my list of things I can now do at my lower weight. More about that in a moment but let’s take a look at this week’s report card:
What’s happened this week?
- I’ve now got my daily calories up from 385 a day to 645. I still have a way to go but it’s heading in the right direction and, having just spoken to my therapist, it was helpful to chat through my next calorie target before I meet with my eating disorder specialist dietitian next Monday.
- I went on a Segway!!
- I’ve booked my abseiling experience for August so that I have always something in the diary to look forward to
- I’ve stayed off the scales for a few days
- I took decisive action to control how much work I’m doing running my business as I need to build things into my week that make me smile and help me connect with others
What could Erika improve on / next targets?
- My next calorie increase target is to get to over 900 a day by next Monday. Part of me feel it’s doable although it’s horribly close to 1,000 and, well, seeing 4 digits feels too much but I don’t need to worry about that right now. I need to focus on the current target.
— ❤ —
So, on Saturday, I was back at Go Ape and I had my first experience on a Segway. It was really fun although I assumed that turning the handlebars to navigate bends would be like a bike but it’s a different action. And I had to learn to start and stop the Segway by pushing my body forwards or tilting backwards. The other adults in the group were lovely and we went deep into the forest. And I could feel my confidence increase, my speed and increase and then BAM!!!!! I fell….. hard!! I truly thought I might have broken something as the pain in my arm and shoulder was immense and any touch was awful but I also thought I’d perhaps just need to rest it, apply ice and see how it goes. Lots of top layer skin is missing from near my left elbow and my upper back and neck are painful 48 hours on but I’m SO SO SO pleased I had a go. It’s something that I couldn’t have done before because of the weight limit but it’s doing things like this that’s slowly breaking down the physical and mental barriers I’d put up pre-weight loss.
My next bucket list challenge? Abseil off this!!!!! It’s the UK’s tallest sculpture at the Olympic Park in London.
As ever, please feel free to share your diet / weight-related successes, frustrations or anything else on your mind and I’ll be back later in the week
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss including 21 lbs lost before blogging||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|164 lbs (haven’t weighed for a short while)||7 lbs||165 lbs||24.9|