I’m a huge fan of bucket lists! I did a ’40 things before I turn 40′ one and I was doing a ’50’ one until Covid came along. I don’t know. I guess I like how it illustrates the willingness to push the comfort zone but also the creativity to come up with inspiring ideas. But with so many things I couldn’t do at 329 lbs back in February 2020, I’m now slowly ticking off various activities from the weight loss bucket list I shared a few weeks ago so I thought it’d be a good opportunity to revisit it, mark those I’ve accomplished and share some additions. But, first, let’s check out this week’s report card:
What’s happened this week?
- I’ve lost another 1 lb
- I’ve reached 150 lbs
- I’m fitting into more size 6 / UK size 10 clothes
- I’ve worked out nearly everyday
- I bought a swimming costume!
- I actually managed to get my legs into standard Wellington boots!!!!! The last time I could do that was when I was a child.
What could Erika improve on?
- Although I’ve worked out nearly everyday, I think there’s scope to increase the activity levels a bit
- Be more reliable about blogging! I had every intention of doing a mini photo shoot last week but I’ll definitely be back later this week to do that
Erika’s next target(s):
- Lose 1 lb to get into the 140s
— ❤ —
Okay, let’s check out what I’ve ticked off my bucket list in the past few months:
- I completed the Go Ape high trees challenge
- I went on a Segway adventure
- I went on a 1.5 km zip wire (the longest in Europe and the fastest in the world)
- I abseiled off the UK’s tallest sculpture
Things to still complete from the existing weight loss bucket list:
- Have a helicopter lesson
- Drive a Ferrari around Silverstone
- Fly on a plane (having not flown for 10 years due to not being able to fit in the seat)
- Go on a RIB boat adventure
- Go horse riding
- Go Zorbing
- Go indoor sky diving
- Possibly consider a real sky dive!
But I’ve also got some other ideas about things to add to the list:
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Go swimming and not even try to care about the excess skin
- Go wing walking!!!! Yes, this means standing ON a plane as it flies through the sky!!!
- Climb the 02 arena in London
- Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Climb a mountain
- Ride the Mail Rail which is a compact driverless 2 foot narrow gauge train that goes under the London streets
- Go to a trampolining park (mmm, something I should probably do with a friend rather than alone!!)
- Go snorkelling
If you can think of other ideas, please do let me know! I’m usually pretty good about scouring the net for ideas but there’re bound to be things I haven’t yet come across.
— ❤ —
I’ll definitely be back later this week sharing some photos of what I can now wear and also to share about my adventures tomorrow morning. As ever, please feel free to share your diet / weight-related successes, frustrations or anything else on your mind.
Love Erika xx
|Total recordable weight loss:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|179 lbs||150 lbs||22.5|