When I started out with 171 lbs to lose (including the 150 lbs since I started to blog), I knew that if I focused on only my long term targets, they’d feel insurmountable. Perhaps I wouldn’t have even started! So, I’ve been including my short term goals on my weekly report card, those within my reach. However, today marks the day when my two ultimate scale-related targets are added! Yes, I genuinely feel that I’m getting closer and closer to my target weight so I’m going to let myself imagine how it’s going to feel and, you know, I’m beyond excited!
What’s Erika done well this week?
- I lost 4 lbs
- I’ve now lost more than 80% of my excess weight
- My weight’s now in the lower 190s
- My BMI’s in the 28s
What could Erika improve on?
- Nothing… 🙂
Erika’s next target(s) along with the big ones!
- 2 lbs until my weight’s in the 180s
- 2 lbs until I’ve lost 10 stone in total (that’s 10 x 14 lbs)
- 4 lbs until my BMI’s in the lower 28s
- 26 lbs until my weight is in the healthy range (that’s under 2 stone to go)
- 33 lbs until my ultimate goal so that I have a 7 lb buffer to stay in the healthy range!
To anyone who’s reading this who’s perhaps at the start of their journey or finding it hard to stay on course, I really want to instil some confidence to say that you CAN do it! Honestly, I’m just a regular 40-something year old who’s not following any particular diet, not spending money on gym membership (but instead working out for free), not devouring many vegetables, etc. One of my biggest tips is to blog! This is very much a headspace journey as much as it is about changing my body and thinking aloud here helps me to ‘sort out’ my head! I guess I feel accountable to give a weekly update with my weigh-ins and there’s no denying that I love it when I get comments from wonderful people like Matt and Ang ❤
So, upcoming posts over the next few weeks include:
- plotting the dieting history on a time line
- keeping healthy when life gets busy
- tips to not give up on your weight loss journey
- identifying non-scale victories
I’ll be back later this week but, in the meantime, take care
Love Erika xx
|Recordable weight loss since blogging:||Still to lose:||Current weight:||BMI:|
|117 lbs||33 lbs||191 lbs||28.9|