What will you do as you lose weight? Do you have any goals – both short-term and long-term? There are so many things that my weight and/or size have stopped me from doing, either because I’ve just been too heavy, too big or my confidence has been zapped. So, I’ve put my goals into two lists below: things I can now do since starting my weight loss journey and things still to be achieved. Yes, we like seeing the pounds come off but there’re many non-scale victories to be had too!
— ❤ —
- Be able to put my feet together when I stand up
- Get into a dress that I wore on a cruise 2 years ago
- Wear ankle boots that don’t cut into my large calves
- Wear Wellington boots
- Sit in a standard sized chair with arms without wondering if I’ll fit
- Complete Couch to 5K
- Have a bath rather than a shower as I can now get in and out!
- Be able to wear 3/4 trousers once my legs are slimmer
- Be able to kneel down without experiencing excruciating pain in my legs
- Complete a Go Ape high trees adventure course
- Complete the London marathon
- Abseil down the UK’s tallest sculpture in London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Get back into my 10 year old jeans (US size 10 / UK size 14)
- Ditch the maxi skirts that I wear every single day!
- Ride a Segway (245 lbs maximum weight)
- Go down Zip Wire Velocity 2 in North Wales which is 1.5 kilometres long (264 lb maximum weight)
- Ride a horse
- Have a helicopter flying lesson
— ❤ —
STILL TO ACHIEVE (in some cases, I’m now light /small enough but haven’t been able to do the activities due to Covid):
- Go on a hot air balloon (roughly 252 lb maximum weight)
- Drive a Ferrari around Silverstone
- Fly on a plane (having not flown for 10 years due to not being able to fit in the seat)
- Go Zorbing
- Go indoor sky diving
- Complete a real sky dive!
- Go swimming and not even try to care about the excess skin
- Go wing walking!!!! Yes, this means standing ON a plane as it flies through the sky!!!
- Climb the 02 arena in London
- Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Climb a mountain
- Ride the Mail Rail in London
- Go to a trampolining park
- Go snorkelling
- Go on a rollercoaster at a theme park
- Go on River Thames RIB Experience
- Have a full body massage